St John Paul College, Coffs Harbour
St John Paul College is a school that strives to be truly Catholic in our identity and life; a centre of the new evangelisation and a place where the dignity and potential of every student is recognized and developed. St John Paul College is a place where students are formed in the faith and can achieve high levels of ‘Catholic religious literacy’ and practice, and where the learning outcomes of every student are improved.
The Leader of Learning position is offered as a temporary contract. The successful applicant will be offered a full time permanent position teaching at the school.
St John Paul College seeks a suitably qualified and passionate candidate to lead the Student Services team in our Secondary College.
Leader of Student Services includes a teaching load
Commencing 27 January 2023
The person appointed will have a permanent teaching position in the school and will involve a teaching load.
Co1 point “coordinator positions are offered a contract within a set 3-year cycle as coordinator. The current 3 year cycle commenced 2022.
All coordinator positions are advertised every 3 years within the school and incumbents are eligible for reappointment.
St John Paul College seeks a passionate candidate to lead the Student Services team in our Secondary College.
The Leader of Student Services will lead a team of Teacher's Aides, Indigenous Education Workers and other support staff in providing targeted and specialised support for students with various needs. They will work with Teaching staff in assisting with differentiation and development of teaching and learning materials. The Leader of Student Services will work with other coordinators in ensuring a whole school approach to intervention for students. They will oversee the NCCD program of the College and will be a member of the Pastoral forum.
The Leader of Student Services reports directly to the Assistant Principal Learning and Teaching and attracts a 0.1 FTE time and remuneration allowance.
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check
- full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, whether new to the position or applying to be re-appointed, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to the requirements of the diocese Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead document, Category C (Category E for positions of Catechesis and School Evangelisation), during this next triennium cycle.
To be eligible to apply for a (Co1) position a teacher would normally be classified Band 2 (Proficient Teacher) Level 1 on the Teachers Standards Classification.
- have a knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- provide evidence of qualifications in a specialised faculty
- able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- Teach both small groups and one on one, including in class support as student needs require
- Have an understanding of NCCD and Government Census Data Collection, and ability to maintain and manage NCCD funding requests
- Have excellent attention to detail, reporting and administrative skills.
- Have an understanding of current trends and knowledge for supporting education of students with a range of abilities and disabilities, utilising related teaching practices and pedagogies
- Have an understanding of the diverse needs of students with disabilities
- Capacity to innovate, problem solve and develop creative solutions to emerging issues with a focus on improving student outcomes
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment
- An ability to be flexible regarding timetable changes and duties
- A willingness to work cooperatively with other staff in shared workspaces and an ability to problem solve
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees, including your Parish Priest or minister.
Applications must be received by 9.00am Friday 26 August, 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires successful applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer