Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 46 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
MacKillop College, Port Macquarie
Assistant Principal – Learning and Teaching
Full time, temporary position from August 2021 until January 2024
The successful applicant will be offered a full time, permanent teaching position at the College
MacKillop College is a place of remarkable opportunities. The College has a long and proud tradition of excellence in education. With the motto Summa Tenatabo, every student is encouraged to 'Strive for Excellence', to do their personal best across a range of interests and activities. It is our hope that for having been a part of the MacKillop College community, every student will thrive. With every decision based on our Catholic foundational beliefs and practices, students are nurtured in a faith-filled environment, underpinned by the love and example of Jesus.
The Assistant Principal - Learning and Teaching has a co-responsible leadership role in contributing to the ongoing creation of the parish school as an animated, effective centre of Catholic identity and mission which ignites students’ passion to live an intentional faith life within the Church.
- hold a current/valid NSW Working with Children Check
- full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- a commitment to the requirements of the diocese the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead document.
Selection Criteria (must be addressed in application):
Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level in Educational Leadership or equivalent, or willingness to obtain.
Compliance with or progress towards compliance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead as prescribed by the Bishops of NSW.
- Broad experience in curriculum, pedagogy and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning
and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving learning, engagement and wellbeing
outcomes for all students
- Success in building staff capacity by coaching, mentoring and school wide activities that
develop knowledge, practice and professional engagement in others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to improve student performance
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning
Applications close: 9am Wednesday, 23 June 2021
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.