Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
St Joseph's Primary School, Alstonville
Assistant Principal – Mission
Full time position, 5 year renewable contract commencing 27 January 2023
This position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the School
St Joseph's Primary School, Alstonville serves the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church - to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.
In the Diocese of Lismore, Catholic parish schools have responded to historical, religious and cultural contexts for over 150 years and continue to do so today, in this case, serving the community of Alstonville and its surrounds. In such a community, the beating heart of Catholic education is a shared fidelity to the mission within the local church.
In this mission the school aims to form and educate the whole person. This education recognises the innate dignity of the child, made in the image of God. A holistic approach also acknowledges each student’s unique physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs.
St Joseph’s Alstonville maximises the potential learning capacity and success of individual students in a Christ-centred, nurturing environment.
We achieve this through an engaging, collaborative learning journey to which all members of the school community are committed and all contributions are valued and respected.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
Selection Criteria (must be addressed in application):
- Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level in Religious Education / Theology / Pastoral Ministry, or willingness to obtain
- Compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment. This includes beginning appropriate study courses in regards teaching Religious Education (Category D) and Leadership (Category E)
- Broad experience in Religious Education / Pastoral Care and / or Pastoral Ministry and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving mission, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Success in building the capacity of teachers for School Evangelisation and discipleship formation
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to develop effective, engaging and innovative school evangelising community (including Student Evangelisation and Catechesis)
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
Your application should address the above criteria. You are also required to nominate two (2) referees in your application, one of whom must include a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applicants are also required to arrange for two (2) confidential references from two (2) referees prior to the advertisement date. Please see the below instructions and templates for further information.
Applications close: 3pm, Monday 17 October 2022
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.