Assistant Principal: Learning & Teaching - St Joseph's Primary, Alstonville
Job no: 493879
Work type: temporary, full time
Categories: Assistant Principal
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
St Joseph's Primary School, Alstonville
Assistant Principal – Learning and Teaching
Full time position, 5 year renewable contract commencing 27 January 2023
This position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the School
St Joseph’s Alstonville maximises the potential learning capacity and success of individual students in a Christ-centred, nurturing environment.
We achieve this through an engaging, collaborative learning journey to which all members of the school community are committed and all contributions are valued and respected
The Assistant Principal - Learning and Teaching has a co-responsible leadership role in contributing to the ongoing creation of the parish school as an animated, effective centre of Catholic identity and mission which ignites students’ passion to live an intentional faith life within the Church.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level in Educational Leadership or equivalent, or willingness to obtain
- Broad experience in curriculum, pedagogy and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving learning, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Success in building staff capacity by coaching, mentoring and school wide activities that develop knowledge, practice and professional engagement in others
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to improve student performance
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments
Your application should address the above criteria. You are also required to nominate two (2) referees in your application, one of whom must include a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applicants are also required to arrange for two (2) confidential references from two (2) referees prior to the advertisement date. Please see the below instructions and templates for further information.
Applications close: 3pm, Monday 17 October 2022
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend