WHS Officer - Catholic Schools Office
Job no: 493529
Work type: permanent, full time
Location: Byron Bay, Tweed Heads
Catholic Schools Office
The Catholic Schools Office (CSO) provides a range of services to support approximately 2,500 staff in 45 vibrant and dynamic Catholic school communities that serve more than 18,000 students. The CSO assists schools to build teaching and leadership capabilities in communities of professional educators who share responsibility for school improvement and for achieving the best outcomes for our students.
This position is located in the Tweed Region (Byron Bay - Tweed Heads)
Full time permanent position commencing July 2022
- hold a valid clearance to work with Children (Working with Children Check)
- a current/valid Australian Driver’s License and eligibility to work within Australia for the period of the appointment
- a Criminal History check
- requirement to travel between locations.
- Qualifications in Work Health and Safety - Certificate IV, Diploma or equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience in a WHS role with proven success and results in improving safety culture and performance
- Experience working in the education sector would be an advantage.
- Current working knowledge of WHS legislation, regulations, codes and standards
- Ability to develop, deliver, evaluate and review training for small and large groups
- Highly developed skills in oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to handle highly confidential information with discretion and within relevant guidelines
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and promote a collaborative culture
- Knowledge of WHS and equity principles in the workplace
- Respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer.
Applications should address the key capabilities and include the nomination of two (2) referees.
Additional information can be found in the attached Position Description document.
Applications close: 3pm, Tuesday 12 July 2022.
Note: This position is being re-advertised.
Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend