Catholic Schools Office, Lismore
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 46 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
Child Protection Practitioner
Full time, 5 year recurring contract
The Child Protection Practitioner provides specialised advice and support in the areas of child protection and safeguarding. The Child Protection Practitioner will play a significant role in ensuring the Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited (DLCSL) is supported with safeguarding practices and to develop a culture to meet child protection and safeguarding responsibilities.
- have relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. social work, social welfare, human resources, law) or relevant industry experience in investigations.
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- have a working knowledge of WH&S and equity in employment and a demonstrated capacity to apply related principles and policies.
- An ability to provide effective advice and support in relation to both managing allegations against employees of inappropriate behaviour towards children and young people dealing with risk of significant harm and wellbeing concerns for students and families at risk.
- Knowledge of Child Safe Standards and practices and their application in an education setting.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills; including investigation report writing skills and risk assessments.
- Sound record keeping practices to ensure accountability, transparency and confidentiality.
- The ability to research and participate in policy and training development and delivery.
- Capacity to work in a team and preparedness to work within the ethos of a Catholic school setting.
Your application should address the Selection Criteria as listed in the Position Description
Enquiries should be directed to Hayley Youngberry, Human Services Consultant via: (02) 6622 0422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 9:00 a.m. Monday, 8th March 2021
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.