Construction Supervisor - Catholic Schools Office
Job no: 496229
Work type: permanent, full time
Location: Diocese of Lismore
Catholic Schools Office
The Catholic Schools Office (CSO) provides a range of services to support approximately 2,500 staff in 45 vibrant and dynamic Catholic school communities that serve more than 18,000 students. The CSO assists schools to build teaching and leadership capabilities in communities of professional educators who share responsibility for school improvement and for achieving the best outcomes for our students.
1x position can be based in Tweed Heads, or Lismore
1x position can be based in Coffs Harbour, or Port Macquarie
2x full time, permanent positions.
Note: Interviews will take place in February 2024
- Salary: Attractive salary dependent on skills and experience + 11% superannuation
- Additional benefits: Access to salary packaging including vehicle leasing, company car, laptop, mobile phone, and fuel card
- Working hours: 7-hour working day, 35-hour week
- Flexibility: Achieve both work-life balance and the benefits of face-to-face collaboration with your peers with our hybrid working model
- Staff wellbeing: An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and wellbeing, and access to free counselling sessions through our Employee Assistance Program
- Growth: Learning and career development opportunities.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check, or willingness to obtain
- a current/valid Australian Driver’s License and eligibility to work within Australia for the period of the appointment
- requirement to travel between locations.
- Certificate IV in building and construction combined with relevant project management experience will be viewed favorably
- Trade qualification and site experience will be viewed favorably.
- At least five years’ experience in a similar site supervisory role managing multiple projects
- Demonstrated previous experience managing site activities
- Experience working in the education sector would be an advantage.
- Current working knowledge of legislation, regulations, codes and standards
- Ability to develop, deliver and evaluate processes and programs
- Computer literacy
- Highly developed skills in oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise competing deadlines
- Ability to work eﬀectively as a team member and promote a collaborative culture while operating with a high level of autonomy as a subject matter expert
Plus the following generic criteria:
- Knowledge of WHS and equity principles in the workplace.
- Respect and uphold the ethos and teachings of the Catholic Church and the values of the Employer.
Your cover letter must address the key capabilities listed above. Please indicate your office preference in your cover letter, e.g. Tweed Heads office.
Applications close: 3.00pm, Monday 11 December 2023
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend