Saint James' Primary, Yamba.
At St James' Primary you will not hear the phrase 'the children are learning.' What you will hear is 'we are all learning to be the best we can be.' From the smallest Kindergarten child to the most experienced staff member, all are seeking to 'grow in learning relationships.' Knowing each child and how they learn and what matters to them is important and guides the pastoral care and planning by staff. With a commitment to providing a creative and rigorous curriculum, staff work as professional learning teams to offer opportunities where students question, explore and test their thinking. Solving real-world problems through STEM initiatives is a feature of all learning. Click this link for more information on the school.
We invite suitably qualified teachers to apply for the following position:
Full time, temporary position for Terms 1,2 and 3, 2024. This is a maternity leave replacement position.
- hold a current NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- have a knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate and provide for a diverse range of ability
- able to demonstrate the systematic analysis of data and the development of cycles of inquiry to support the learning of every student within the collaborative structures of the Professional Learning Teams.
- able to evidence skill in maintaining a learning environment that is safe, respectful, tolerant, inclusive and that promotes intellectual rigour
- willing to take shared responsibility for student learning and success, and encourage the development of a culture of continuous professional improvement that includes classroom-based learning, mentoring and coaching.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Enquiries to the school: (02) 6643266
Applications must be received by 3.00pm Thursday 28th September, 2023.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.