St Joseph's College, Banora Point
St Joseph's College caters to approximately 850 students from Years 7 - 12, forming part of St Joseph's Parish, Tweed Heads. Located on the beautiful Far North Coast of NSW, the College has a mission to promote an attitude of excellence among staff and students to provide students with an education in the Catholic tradition within a caring, supportive and disciplined environment where high expectations see students work toward attaining the fullness of life.
We employ over 120 teaching and support staff. Our teaching staff strives to provide dynamic learning opportunities for all students to achieve success.
The Leader of Learning position is offered as a temporary contract. The successful applicant will be offered a full time permanent position teaching at the school.
We invite suitably qualified teachers to apply for the following position:
Teacher - Leader of Intervention and Data
The person appointed will have a permanent teaching position in the school and will involve a teaching load.
Co2 point “Leaders of” positions are offered a contract within a set 3-year cycle as co-ordinator. The current 3 year cycle is 2022 - 2024
All co-ordinator positions are advertised every 3 years within the school and incumbents are eligible for reappointment.
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check
- full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, whether new to the position or applying to be re-appointed, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to the requirements of the diocese Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead document, Category C (Category E for positions of Catechesis and School Evangelisation), during this next triennium cycle.
To be eligible to apply for a (Co2) position a teacher would normally be classified Band 2 (Proficient Teacher) Level 1 on the Teachers Standards Classification.
- have a knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- provide evidence of qualifications in a specialised faculty
- be able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- Strong understanding of data literacy principles and practices.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools and software.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to extract insights from data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching literacy and numeracy at Stages 2 and 3.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching literacy and numeracy at Stages 2 and 3 Primary Level or within intervention programs at the Secondary Level.
- Experience in leading a team to improve student learning outcomes.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Role description - Leader of Learning
Enquiries to the school: 07 5524 9002
Applications must be received by 3.00pm Wednesday 11 October, 2023
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires successful applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.