Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
St Joseph's College, Banora Point
Assistant Principal – Learning and Teaching
Full time position, 5-year renewable contract commencing 29 January 2024
This position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the School/College
Relocation assistance available
At St Joseph's College, we are proud of the dedicated educators and lay people who work with parents to help grow boys and girls who are ‘good Christians and good people’ equipped with faith, generosity and a willingness to make Jesus known and loved. This is achieved with a focus on the College motto, Peace through Justice.
We understand that we are shaping the lives of the young people in our care, seeking to create compassionate and capable leaders of the future. We aspire for our students to have strong minds and gentle hearts. Today, as was the case in 1993 when the College was founded, these qualities of compassion and leadership are equally as important. We challenge our young people to live lives where these values are lived, not just spoken. Our holistic educational environment offered to St Joseph's College students is more than just a classroom experience. We strive to meet the needs of all our students and their families by creating an environment that inspires spiritual, academic, cultural and sporting excellence.
Overview of role:
The Assistant Principal - Learning and Teaching has a co-responsible leadership role in contributing to the ongoing creation of the parish school as an animated, effective center of Catholic identity and mission which ignites students’ passion to live an intentional faith life within the Church.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- be a practising Catholic who witnesses to Catholic beliefs and practices.
- Relevant teaching and postgraduate qualifications at Masters Level or above in an appropriate field for the position, e.g. Educational Leadership or willingness to obtain.
- Leads by example through a commitment to the Catholic faith, responsive to Jesus’ mission to those on the margins of society.
- Leadership experience in Catholic schools in the domain of Learning and Teaching.
- Experience leading and implementing the School and Diocesan Strategic Plans and accountabilities.
- Able to lead Learning and Teaching programs and strategies to support student academic and well-being outcomes; with high-level understanding of policy compliance requirements.
- Highly developed relational skills as evident in interactions with staff, students and families.
- Compliance with or progress towards compliance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead as prescribed by the Bishops of NSW.
Applicants must also arrange for two (2) confidential references to be submitted to the recruitment mailbox prior to the advertisement closure date. Please see instructions and templates below for further information.
Applications close: 3:00pm, Wednesday 4 October, 2023
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.