Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centers and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
St James' Primary School, Yamba
Assistant Principal – Learning and Teaching
Full time position, 5-year renewable contract commencing 29 January 2024
This position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the school
Relocation assistance will be provided to the successful candidate.
About the school:
At St James' Primary you will not hear the phrase 'the children are learning.' What you will hear is 'we are all learning to be the best we can be.' From the smallest Kindergarten child to the most experienced staff member, all are seeking to 'grow in learning relationships.' Knowing each child and how they learn and what matters to them is important and guides the pastoral care and planning by staff. With a commitment to providing a creative and rigorous curriculum, staff work as professional learning teams to offer opportunities where students question, explore and test their thinking. Solving real-world problems through STEM initiatives is a feature of all learning. Click this link for more information on the school.
Overview of role:
The Assistant Principal - Learning and Teaching has a co-responsible leadership role in contributing to the ongoing creation of the parish school as an animated, effective centre of Catholic identity and mission which ignites students’ passion to live an intentional faith life within the Church.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment.
- Practicing Catholic who witnesses to Catholic beliefs and practices
- Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level in Educational Leadership or equivalent, or willingness to obtain
- Broad experience in curriculum, pedagogy and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving learning, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Success in building staff capacity by coaching, mentoring and school wide activities that develop knowledge, practice and professional engagement in others
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to improve student performance
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
Your application should address the above criteria. You are also required to nominate two (2) referees in your application, one of whom must include a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applicants must also arrange for two (2) confidential references to be submitted to the recruitment mailbox prior to the advertisement closure date. Please see instructions and templates below for further information.
Applications close: 3pm, Thursday 15 June 2023.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.