St Mary's Primary School, Bowraville
Giinagay – ‘Welcome’ in Gumbaynggirr
St Mary’s school is a unique school set in the picturesque Nambucca Valley with a predominately Indigenous enrolment. The school has developed into a wonderful educational environment where students enjoy a sense of peace and trust. The principal and staff are supported by the local Gumbaynggirr community that has a long and proud history of engagement with the school which was opened over 108 years ago.
St. Mary’s school is a learning community which provides a safe and caring environment where each student is respented as an individual and nurtured academically, socially and spiritually. Our school is committed to retaining the traditional Indigenous culture of the Gumbaynggirr people and for all our children to keep a connection with their identity. We have a current enrolment of 56 children.
We invite suitably qualified teachers to apply for the following position:
TEACHER - Year 2/3
Full time, temporary position, maternity leave position. Terms 2,3 and 4 of the 2023 school year.
- hold a current NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- have a knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate and provide for a diverse range of ability
- understanding and experience in trauma informed approaches to behaviour and learning
- willingness to contribute positively as part of a professional learning community.
- an ability to differentiate instruction based on assessment
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Enquiries to the school: 65647369 or Acting Principal email@example.com
Applications must be received by 5pm, Friday 31st of March, 2023.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.