Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
St Paul's College, Kempsey
Assistant Principal - Learning & Teaching
Full time position, 5 year renewable contract commencing as soon as possible
This position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the College
St Paul’s College is a Catholic co-educational school located on the banks of the beautiful Macleay River, serving the needs of students in the Macleay Valley as well as the Nambucca Valley and surrounds. Surrounded by rainforest, national parks, rivers and beaches, and situated approximately halfway between Sydney and the QLD border, Kempsey is serviced by the North Coast railway line and Port Macquarie airport (approximately 30 minutes away). It was established in 1965, when the Parish of All Saints invited the Christian Bros to establish a secondary school for the Catholic community.
Their motto, ‘Let Your Light Shine', encourages all students to be the best they can be. Together staff, students, families and the parish community work tirelessly to make the College a place where all are welcomed and where each individual is enabled to achieve the fullness of life (cf. John 10:10).
St Paul’s College Kempsey is an important ministry of Macleay Valley Catholic Parish. All members of the College leadership team work collaboratively with the Parish Priest to support the mission and vision of the Parish.
The Assistant Principal - Learning and Teaching has a co-responsible leadership role in contributing to the ongoing creation of the parish school as an animated, effective centre of Catholic identity and mission which ignites students’ passion to live an intentional faith life within the Church.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment.
- Practising Catholic who witnesses to Catholic beliefs and practices.
- Relevant teaching and postgraduate qualifications at Masters Level or above in an appropriate field for the position, e.g. Educational Leadership or willingness to obtain.
- Leads by example through a commitment to the Catholic faith, responsive to Jesus’ mission to those on the margins of society.
- Leadership experience in Catholic schools in the domain of Learning and Teaching.
- Experience leading and implementing the School and Diocesan Strategic Plans and accountabilities.
- Able to lead Learning and Teaching programs and strategies to support student academic and well-being outcomes; with high-level understanding of policy compliance requirements.
- Highly developed relational skills as evident in interactions with staff, students and families.
Your application should address the above criteria. You are also required to nominate two (2) referees in your application, one of whom must include a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applicants are also required to arrange two (2) confidential references from two (2) referees prior to the advertisement closure date. Please see the below instructions and templates for further information.
Applications close: 3pm, Thursday 9 February 2023
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.