Mt St John's, Dorrigo
Mt St John’s, Dorrigo is a small Catholic school located on the Dorrigo Plateau near the edge of the New England escarpment above the Bellinger Valley. We acknowledge that Mt St John’s resides on the lands of the Gumbaynggir people, the traditional custodians of this land.
Dorrigo is a quiet rural town surrounded by rich agricultural lands which are predominantly used for farming. The area is noted for its large number of waterfalls, bushwalks and National Parks. Students at Mt St John’s are drawn from the local area including North Dorrigo, Megan, Ebor, Bostobrick and Dundarrabin. At Mt St John’s, the staff have high expectations and a core belief that all students can learn given the right time and support.
We invite suitably qualified teachers to apply for the following position:
TEACHER - Year 2
Full time temporary position - LSL Replacement
Commencing 27 January 2023 until 18 August 2023
- hold a current NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- have a knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community, and willingness to contribute positively as part of a professional learning community.
- understanding of contemporary pedagogy and the ability to differentiate and provide for a diverse range of ability
- a commitment to excellence as a classroom teacher, and willing to teach any class level from K-6.
- effective classroom practice that fosters independent learners.
- ability to creatively use ICT to enhance a rich learning environment.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Enquiries to the school: (02) 6657 2552
Applications must be received by 3.00 pm Tuesday 31st January, 2023.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.