School Counsellor - St John's College, Woodlawn
Job no: 494102
Work type: temporary, part time
St John's College, Woodlawn
St John's College Woodlawn is a co-educational Catholic Secondary College situated in a charming rural setting 5km from Lismore and just over half an hour from Ballina and Byron Bay. The current enrolments are around 770.
We invite suitably qualified applicants to apply for the following position:
Part time (3 days per week) temporary position
Commencing January 2023
(3 year contract)
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check.
- current registration with Psychology Board of Australia; or membership of Australian Association of Social Workers Association or membership of PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)/ ACA (Australian Counselling Association).
- have a willingness to take an active part in the full life of the school and to support and uphold the mission and ethos of the Catholic Church's work in schools.
- compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- A strong understanding of the professional body’s ethical and legal requirements, especially in relation to working within a school setting.
- Experience in providing evidence based interventions with children and young people, individually and in groups.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and manage caseloads.
- Experience and ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations and to students presenting with complex needs.
- Experience or willingness to provide professional learning to school staff and families.
- Ability to work with a Pastoral Care team.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Enquiries to the school on 02 6626 2600
Applications close: 3.00 pm Monday, 5 December 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend