Principal - St Joseph's Primary School, Port Macquarie
Job no: 493853
Work type: temporary, full time
Location: Port Macquarie
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
PRINCIPAL - St Joseph's Primary School, Port Macquarie
Full time position, 5 year renewable contract commencing 27 January 2023
The Catholic school Principal serves as a Christ centered leader who models the ‘Fullness of Life’ framework, “A framework to support our students in Christ to learn well and live well’. The Principal will lead across the school community to develop and shape a shared vision for Catholic education ‘focussed on providing pastoral care at its heart, influenced through leadership that nurtures an optimal learning environment; and promotes authentic family and school partnerships.’ The Principal has responsibility for supporting and monitoring the learning and growth of committed teachers and setting high standards for students and staff performance, enabling students to achieve the fullness of life.
- Compliance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead as prescribed by the Bishops of NSW
- Hold a valid clearance to work with Children (Working with Children Check)
- A current/valid Australian Driver’s Licence and eligibility to work within Australia for the period of the appointment
- A Criminal History check
- Current NESA accreditation
- Requirement to travel between locations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Education with postgraduate qualifications at Masters level in Education Leadership (including four units of Religious Education or postgraduate studies in Theology or Religious Education).
- Recent experience as a senior leader in a school.
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication, negotiation, collaboration with all in the school’s community.
- Proven experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving learning, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students in a student-centred learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create, maintain and support high-quality inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of research into teaching, learning and child development and how to apply such research to the needs of the students in the school. This includes the management of performance in the school and strategies to improve practice.
- Proven ability to apply knowledge and understanding of leadership, and management concepts and practice, to deliver with others effective strategic leadership and operational management.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Catholic education in Australia and demonstrated capacity to implement the Mission of the Church for Catholic Education.
- Demonstrated ability to support school communities to be formed in the Mission of Jesus Christ.
- Working knowledge of WHS and equity with a demonstrated capacity to apply related principles and policies.
- Respect for the teachings of the Catholic Church and by conduct and lifestyle, ability to give witness to the Church’s mission.
Your application should address the above criteria. You are also required to nominate two (2) referees in your application, one of whom must include a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applicants are also required to arrange two (2) confidential references from two (2) referees prior to the advertisement closure date. Please see the below instructions and templates for further information.
Applications close: 3pm, Friday 21 October 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend