Teacher Librarian - Xavier Catholic College, Ballina
Job no: 493806
Work type: permanent, full time
Categories: Teacher Librarian
Xavier Catholic College, Ballina
Xavier Catholic College is a ministry of the Catholic Parish of St Francis Xavier and is a Companion School of Jesuit Education Australia. As a school within the Diocese of Lismore, and as a Companion School in JEA, the College enjoys wonderful ongoing support, outstanding spiritual nurturing and guidance, academic and vocational outcomes that are exceptional, strong and supportive Pastoral Care, and enviable networking and fellowship opportunities across our Diocese and Australia.
We invite suitably qualified teachers to apply for the following position:
Full time permanent position commencing January 2023
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- demonstrate full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- be an experienced educator with evidence of qualifications in Librarianship
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Lead the development of the Xavier Catholic College Library
- Foster and promote a love of reading and development of literacy skills across the College
- Demonstrate innovation in developing library spaces as engaging learning hubs for students
- Demonstrate an awareness of opportunities to lead learning programs that extend students creatively and cognitively
- Demonstrate an ability to lead the integration of information skills across the 7-12 curriculum
- Demonstrate an ability to strategically plan and manage the resources of Library services across the College, including purchasing and circulation
- Provide appropriate curriculum resources to teachers in consultation with the Assistant Principal: Learning & Teaching, Leader of Curriculum, Leaders of Learning and Leader of Pedagogy
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of the Oliver Library Management System, Clickview, LibGuides, and other online databases
- Manage library personnel to ensure all services are of the highest quality.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applications close: 3.00pm Friday, 7 October 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend