Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
St Ambrose Catholic Primary School, Pottsville
Assistant Principal – Mission
Full time position, 5 year renewable contract commencing at the start of the 2023 school year
This position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the School
St Ambrose, Pottsville serves the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church - to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.
In the Diocese of Lismore, Catholic parish schools have responded to historical, religious and cultural contexts for over 150 years and continue to do so today, in this case, serving the community of Pottsville and its surrounds. In such a community, the beating heart of Catholic education is a shared fidelity to the mission within the local church.
In this mission the school aims to form and educate the whole person. This education recognises the innate dignity of the child, made in the image of God. A holistic approach also acknowledges each student’s unique physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs.
St Ambrose is a vibrant and contemporary school established in 2015. It has a student population of 370 students, is doubled streamed with 14 classes, K-6.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA).
- Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level in Religious Education / Theology / Pastoral Ministry, or willingness to obtain
- Compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment. This includes beginning appropriate study courses in regards teaching Religious Education (Category D) and Leadership (Category E)
- Broad experience in Religious Education / Pastoral Care and / or Pastoral Ministry and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving mission, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Success in building the capacity of teachers for School Evangelisation and discipleship formation
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to develop effective, engaging and innovative school evangelising community (including Student Evangelisation and Catechesis)
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two referees, including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applicants are also required to organise two (2) references to be submitted prior to the advertisement closure date, one from their Parish Priest, Priest or Minister and the other a Professional reference (instructions and templates below).
Applications close: 3pm Monday, 29 August 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.