Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
St Brigid's Primary School, Kyogle
Assistant Principal – Mission
Full time position, 12 month contract commencing at the start of the 2023 school year
St Brigid's has been providing a Catholic education to families of Kyogle and surrounding districts since 1914. We encourage our community to be welcoming, collaborative and friendly.
We have a vibrant and enthusiastic staff committed to their own learning and to providing high-quality educational programs for the children.
At St Brigid's, we value each individual and celebrate our differences, encouraging the children to be accepting and respectful to all.
As a school founded by the Sisters of Mercy, we continue to develop the charism of the Mercy Order, with a particular devotion to Mary and service to others. We follow our school motto 'Strong In Faith' as our faith is at the core of all we do.
St Brigid's, Kyogle, serves the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church - to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.
In the Diocese of Lismore, Catholic parish schools have responded to historical, religious and cultural contexts for over 150 years and continue to do so today, in this case, serving the community of Kyogle and its surrounds. In such a community, the beating heart of Catholic education is a shared fidelity to the mission within the local church.
In this mission the school aims to form and educate the whole person. This education recognises the innate dignity of the child, made in the image of God. A holistic approach also acknowledges each student’s unique physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA).
- Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level in Religious Education / Theology / Pastoral Ministry, or willingness to obtain
- Compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment. This includes beginning appropriate study courses in regards teaching Religious Education (Category D) and Leadership (Category E)
- Broad experience in Religious Education / Pastoral Care and / or Pastoral Ministry and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving mission, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Success in building the capacity of teachers for School Evangelisation and discipleship formation
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to develop effective, engaging and innovative school evangelising community (including Student Evangelisation and Catechesis)
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two referees, including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applicants are also required to organise two (2) references to be submitted prior to the advertisement closure date, one from their Parish Priest, Priest or Minister and the other a Professional reference (instructions and templates below).
Applications close: 3pm Tuesday, 23 August 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.