MacKillop College, Port Macquarie
We invite suitably qualified and passionate teachers to apply for the following position:
Leader of Learning Inclusion and Diversity / Teaching position
The Leader of Learning position is offered as a temporary contract (within the current 3 year cycle) with a full time permanent position teaching at the school
and will involve a 0.2fte in-class support/teaching load.
Co2 point “Leaders of” positions are offered a contract within a set 3-year cycle as co-ordinator.
The current 3 year cycle commenced in 2022 until the end of 2024 school year.
All co-ordinator positions are advertised every 3 years within the school and incumbents are eligible for reappointment.
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check.
- hold full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA).
- be compliant with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment.
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, whether new to the position or applying to be re-appointed, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to the requirements of the diocese Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead document, Category C (Category E for positions of Catechesis and School Evangelisation), during this next triennium cycle.
To be eligible to apply for a (Co2) position a teacher would normally be classified Band 2 (Proficient Teacher) Level 1 on the Teachers Standards Classification.
- A knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school.
- Provide evidence of qualifications in a specialised faculty. Special Education and/or leadership qualifications and experience are desirable.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the National Consistent Collection of Data on school students with a disability.
- Experience in leadership, in particular leading the adjustment of curriculum to cater for individual student learning needs.
- Able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to lead and develop teamwork across a large teaching staff.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees, including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Role description available here.
Enquiries to the school: 026583 2632.
Applications must be received by 9.00 am, Monday 11 July 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires successful applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.