Mt St John's, Dorrigo
Mt St John’s, Dorrigo is a small Catholic school located on the Dorrigo Plateau near the edge of the New England escarpment above the Bellinger Valley. We acknowledge that Mt St John’s resides on the lands of the Gumbaynggir people, the traditional custodians of this land.
Dorrigo is a quiet rural town surrounded by rich agricultural lands which are predominantly used for farming. The area is noted for its large number of waterfalls, bushwalks and National Parks. Students at Mt St John’s are drawn from the local area including North Dorrigo, Megan, Ebor, Bostobrick and Dundarrabin. At Mt St John’s, the staff have high expectations and a core belief that all students can learn given the right time and support.
STUDENT SUPPORT WORKER
Part time temporary
The role of the Student Support Worker is to support the emotional wellbeing of students. The National School Chaplaincy Program (NSCP) supports schools to provide a school based role that is recognised as part of the whole school approach to pastoral care.
Applicants must meet the NSCP’s minimum qualification requirements (a Certificate IV in Youth Work or Pastoral Care (or equivalent) which must include competencies (or equivalent) in ‘mental health’ and ‘making appropriate referrals’).
- Experience in providing support to children and/or young people to address social and emotional needs
- Ability to support schools and teachers to identify and develop educational, social and emotional programs to support children and young people who are vulnerable or at risk
- Ability to liaise with community service organisations
- Experience in mentoring children and/or young people
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills with the capacity to work effectively both independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary pastoral care team
- Have a demonstrated commitment to personal faith practice
This position will be for one year / three years dependent upon NSCP funding.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees, including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applications close: 5pm Friday 15th July, 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.