Counsellor - St Mary's Catholic College, Casino
Job no: 493524
Work type: temporary, part time
St Mary's Catholic College, Casino
Part time temporary position (2 days per week)
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check.
- have current registration with Psychology Board of Australia; or membership of Australian Association of Social Workers Association or membership of PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)/ ACA (Australian Counselling Association).
- have a willingness to take an active part in the full life of the school and to support and uphold the mission and ethos of the Catholic Church's work in schools.
- comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- A strong understanding of the professional body’s ethical and legal requirements, especially in relation to working within a school setting.
- Experience in providing evidence based interventions with children and young people, individually and in groups.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and manage caseloads.
- Experience and ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations and to students presenting with complex needs.
- Experience or willingness to provide professional learning to school staff and families.
- Ability to work with a Pastoral Care team.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees, including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister. The position is proposed to be worked over two days per week.
Enquiries to the school on (02) 6662 2255
Applications close: 3.00pm Friday, 3 June 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend