Indigenous Education Worker (IEW) - St Mary's Catholic College, Casino
Job no: 493523
Work type: temporary, full time
Categories: Indigenous Education Worker (IEW)
St Mary's Catholic College, Casino
St Mary's Catholic College is a co-educational secondary school, situated in the beautiful Richmond Valley region of the Far North Coast of NSW. The College is found on Bundjalung land. The College has a long history and is steeped in both the Marist and Marcy traditions. The College offers a broad range of subjects to all students and delivers the Stage 6 courses in the Compressed Curriculum model.
Indigenous Education Worker
Part time temporary position, 30 hours per week (negotiable)
Commencing 6 June 2022
Duties will include:
- General teacher assistance, organisation and resource preparation
- Working with students
- Assistance with playground duties
- Leading Cultural Group Experience with students
- Liaising with parents and local community organisations
- Must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (must provide proof)
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check clearance
- Compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
Selection Criteria will focus on:
- An understanding of and commitment to Catholic ethos and values
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills and knowledge and appreciation of the ways students learn
- Ability to lead cultural groups
- Sound ICT competency
- Preparedness to work with small groups of children and willingness to work alongside Teachers in the classroom
The Indigenous Education Worker will also act as a role model for students by encouraging them to take pride in all aspects of their schooling.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees, including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applications must be received by 3.00pm Friday, 3 June 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend