Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
PRINCIPAL - Newman Senior Technical College, Port Macquarie
5 year contract commencing 27 January 2023
The Catholic school Principal serves as a Christ centered leader who models the ‘Fullness of Life’ framework, “A framework to support our students in Christ to learn well and live well". The Principal will lead across the school community to develop and shape a shared vision for Catholic education ‘focussed on providing pastoral care at its heart, influenced through leadership that nurtures an optimal learning environment; and promotes authentic family and school partnerships.’ The Principal has responsibility for supporting and monitoring the learning and growth of committed teachers and setting high standards for students and staff performance, enabling students to achieve the fullness of life.
- hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check
- have full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA).
- Relevant teaching and postgraduate qualifications at Masters Level in Theology /Educational Leadership or equivalent
- Compliance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead as prescribed by the Bishops of NSW
- Broad experience in leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving learning, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to improve student performance
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of two (2) referees, including a Parish Priest, Priest or Minister.
Applicants are also required to organise two references - one from their Parish Priest, Priest or Minister and the other a Professional reference prior to the advertisement closing date (instructions and templates below).
Applications close: 3pm, Monday 30 May 2022.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An equal opportunity employer.