Mt St John's Primary School, Dorrigo
At Mt St John's, Dorrigo we pride ourselves on providing quality Catholic Education. We acknowledge that learning is a special time for powerful experiences that forever fuel the imagination of the scientist, the artist, the author, the philosopher, the builder - all children carry these experiences into their future as a core of inspiration, confidence and creativity.
We strive to:
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in decision-making processes with regard to their own learning.
- Provide opportunities for students to reflect on their faith, pray together and celebrate liturgies and Sacraments.
- Emphasise service and leadership within the local and global community through participation in local events and fundraising for charity.
- Encourage parental involvement in all programs
Full time position, 5-year renewable contract commencing January 2022
This position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the School
Applicants must have:
- a current NSW Working with Children Check
- full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
- relevant teaching and postgraduate qualifications at Masters Level in Educational Leadership, Theology or equivalent, or willingness to obtain.
- Broad experience in curriculum, pedagogy and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving mission, learning, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Success in building staff capacity by coaching, mentoring and school wide activities that develop knowledge, practice and professional engagement in others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to improve student performance
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees, including your Parish Priest or Minister.
Applications must be received by: 3pm, Friday 29 October 2021
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.