Counsellor - St Joseph's Primary, Kempsey
Job no: 492860
Work type: temporary, full time, temporary, part time
St Joseph's Primary School, Kempsey
Part time -temporary position (15.2hrs per week) commencing 28th January 2022 for a 3 year period.
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check.
- current registration with Psychology Board of Australia; or membership of Australian Association of Social Workers Association or membership of PACFA (Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia)/ ACA (Australian Counselling Association).
- have a willingness to take an active part in the full life of the school and to support and uphold the mission and ethos of the Catholic Church's work in schools.
- A strong understanding of the professional body’s ethical and legal requirements, especially in relation to working within a school setting.
- Experience in providing evidence based interventions with children and young people, individually and in groups.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and manage caseloads.
- Experience and ability to respond appropriately in crisis situations and to students presenting with complex needs.
- Experience or willingness to provide professional learning to school staff and families.
- Ability to work with a Pastoral Care team.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees.
Enquiries to the school on (02) 6562 5501
Applications must be received before 9 am Wednesday 27th October 2021.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend