Indigenous Education Worker - McAuley Catholic college, Grafton
Job no: 492809
Work type: permanent, part time
Categories: Secondary, General Employee, Teacher's Aide, Classroom & Learning Support Officer
McAuley Catholic College - Grafton
McAuley Catholic College is situated in Grafton on the North Coast of NSW, and provides a Catholic education to students of the Clarence Valley. We are a Christ-centred community, founded on the traditions of the Sisters of Mercy and Marist Brothers. We focus on the development of the whole person through strong religious, academic, sporting, wellbeing and cultural programs and opportunities. Our Mercy values of Respect, Justice, Compassion, Excellence and Hospitality underpin everything we do in our daily work with our students.
Indigenous Education Worker
Part time, permanent (25-30 hours negotiable) position commencing 28 January 2022
Duties will include:
- General teacher assistance, organisation and resource preparation
- Working with students
- Assistance with playground duties
- Leading Cultural Group Experience with students
- Liaising with parents and local community organisations
- Must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (must provide proof)
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check clearance
Selection Criteria will focus on:
- An understanding of and commitment to Catholic ethos and values
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills and knowledge and appreciation of the ways students learn
- Ability to lead cultural groups
- Sound ICT competency
- Preparedness to work with small groups of children and willingness to work alongside teachers in the classroom
The Indigenous Education Worker will also act as a role model for students by encouraging them to take pride in all aspects of their schooling.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees.
Applications must be received by 4.00 pm Friday, 22 October 2021
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend