St John's Primary School, Mullumbimby
St John’s Primary School, Mullumbimby serves the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church-to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.
In the Diocese of Lismore, Catholic parish schools have responded to historical, religious and cultural contexts for over 150 years and continue to do so today, in this case, serving the community of Mullumbimby and its surrounds. In such a community, the beating heart of Catholic education is a shared fidelity to the mission within the local church.
In this mission the school aims to form and educate the whole person. This education recognises the innate dignity of the child, made in the image of God. A holistic approach also acknowledges each student’s unique physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual needs.
Full time position, 5-year renewable contract commencing January 2022
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check
- full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy. This includes beginning appropriate study courses in regards teaching Religious Education (Category D) and Leadership (Category E).
- Relevant teaching and postgraduate qualifications at Masters Level in Theology / Educational Leadership or equivalent
- Broad experience in leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving learning, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to improve student performance
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees, including your Parish Priest or Minister.
Applications must be received by: 3.00pm Tuesday, 26 October 2021
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.