Xavier Catholic College, Ballina
Xavier Catholic College is a ministry of the Catholic Parish of St Francis Xavier and is a Companion School of Jesuit Education Australia. As a school within the Diocese of Lismore, and as a Companion School in JEA, the College enjoys wonderful ongoing support, outstanding spiritual nurturing and guidance, academic and vocational outcomes that are exceptional, strong and supportive Pastoral Care, and enviable networking and fellowship opportunities across our Diocese and Australia.
We invite suitably qualified teachers to apply for the following position:
Leader of Curriculum + teaching load
The person appointed will have a permanent teaching position in the school and will involve a teaching load.
The Leader of Curriculum is ordinarily an Executive position at the College.
Co2 point “Leaders of” positions are offered a contract within a set 3-year cycle as co-ordinator. The current 3-year cycle commences 2022.
All co-ordinator positions are advertised every 3 years within the school and incumbents are eligible for reappointment.
- have a current NSW Working with Children Check
- full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- compliance with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead Policy upon appointment
Teachers who are appointed to a leadership position, whether new to the position or applying to be re-appointed, should have begun, or will begin to make a commitment to the requirements of the diocese Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead document, Category C (Category E for positions of Catechesis and School Evangelisation), during this next triennium cycle.
To be eligible to apply for a (Co2) position a teacher would normally be classified Band 2 (Proficient Teacher) Level 1 on the Teachers Standards Classification.
- have a knowledge of and commitment to the Catholic ethos and mission of the school
- provide evidence of qualifications in a specialised faculty
- able to work as a member of a committed team of professional teachers, dedicated to providing quality teaching and learning in partnership with the parent community
- demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to lead and develop teamwork within the faculty
- be willing and able to participate in and support the religious dimension of the College
- demonstrate a willingness to contribute positively as part of a professional learning community.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees, including your Parish Priest or minister.
Please see Leader of Curriculum Role Description for more information.
Enquiries to the College: email@example.com
Applications must be received by 5.00pm Friday 24 September 2021.
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires successful applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer