Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
Holy Family Catholic Family Primary School, Skennars Head
Assistant Principal – Learning and Teaching
Full time position, 5 year renewable contract commencing January 2022
The position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the School
Holy Family School, Skennars Head, is a young school community that was born in 1997. The school services the East Ballina and Lennox Head areas. We are a Parish Primary School within the St. Francis Xavier Parish of Ballina. Our Parish is situated within the Diocese of Lismore.
Holy Family Catholic Primary School is a Christ-centred learning community. Through the promotion of wellbeing, quality teaching and engaging in a meaningful curriculum, learners are inspired and challenged to achieve their personal best.
Children are empowered to become collaborative lifelong learners prepared to make a positive difference in an ever changing world.
- hold a current/valid NSW Working with Children Check
- full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- a commitment to the requirements of the diocese the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead document.
Selection Criteria (must be addressed in application):
- Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level in Educational Leadership or equivalent, or willingness to obtain.
- Compliance with or progress towards compliance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead as prescribed by the Bishops of NSW.
- Broad experience in curriculum, pedagogy and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving learning, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Success in building staff capacity by coaching, mentoring and school wide activities that develop knowledge, practice and professional engagement in others.
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to improve student performance
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees, including your Parish Priest or Minister.
Applications close: 3pm Monday, 9 August 2021
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.