Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited
Catholic education in the Diocese of Lismore is a long standing provider of school education on the north coast of New South Wales. 45 Catholic primary and secondary schools, operate in all major urban centres and many smaller towns from Tweed Heads to Laurieton. All Catholic schools seek to provide a comprehensive, quality education in a welcoming and secure environment.
Mt St Patrick Primary School, Murwillumbah
Assistant Principal – Mission
Full time position, 5 year renewable contract commencing January 2022
This position will be underpinned by a full time, permanent teaching position at the School
Mt St Patrick Primary School is a co-educational Catholic Primary School providing educational excellence for students from Kinder to Year Six. Mt St Patrick Primary School is a vibrant school community located on the Far North Coast of New South Wales. Our school is an integral part of the faith community of the Sacred Heart Catholic Parish and is part of the Lismore Diocesan School system. Currently we have 364 students enrolled in our school.
Our school’s values of: compassion, commitment, courage, confidence, creativity, contemplation & communion are based on Presentation Sisters who founded the school in 1904 . We are proud of our school’s rich history. Our school motto of ‘With Heart and Pride’ is lived out everyday through the actions of our students. Mt St Patrick Primary School enjoys a wonderful reputation within the wider community for providing outstanding education and excellence.
- hold a current/valid NSW Working with Children Check
- full accreditation with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA)
- a commitment to the requirements of the diocese the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead document.
Selection Criteria (must be addressed in application):
- Relevant teaching and post graduate qualifications at Masters Level in Religious Education / Theology / Pastoral Ministry, or willingness to obtain.
- Compliance with or progress towards compliance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead as prescribed by the Bishops of NSW.
- Broad experience in Religious Education / Pastoral Care and / or Pastoral Ministry and leading collaborative cultures
- Demonstrated ability to integrate Catholic beliefs and practices into all aspects of learning and teaching, including Catholic Social Teaching
- Demonstrated high levels of organisation, communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in leading initiatives that focus on improving mission, engagement and wellbeing outcomes for all students
- Success in building the capacity of teachers for School Evangelisation and discipleship formation
- Demonstrated ability to lead processes to develop effective, engaging and innovative school evangelising community (including Student Evangelisation and Catechesis)
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain inclusive, supportive and safe learning environments
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees, including your Parish Priest or Minister.
Applications close: 3pm Monday, 9 August 2021
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.