Indigenous Education Worker (IEW)
Job no: 492600
Work type: temporary, part time
Location: Diocese of Lismore
Categories: Teacher's Aide, Classroom & Learning Support Officer
St Joseph's Primary School, Laurieton
St Joseph's Primary, Laurieton is a school that strives to be truly Catholic in our identity and life; a centre of the new evangelisation and a place where the dignity and potential of every student is recognised and enabled to achieve the fullness of life. St Joseph's Primary, Laurieton is a place where students are formed in the faith and can achieve high levels of 'Catholic religious literacy' and practice.
Indigenous Education Worker
Part-time, temporary position (approx 15 hours) until the end of 2021 school year
Duties will include:
- General teacher assistance, organisation and resource preparation
- Working with students
- Assistance with playground duties
- Leading Cultural Group Experience with students
- Liaising with parents and local community organisations
- Must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (must provide proof)
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check clearance
Selection Criteria will focus on:
- An understanding of and commitment to Catholic ethos and values
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills and knowledge and appreciation of the ways students learn
- Ability to lead cultural groups
- Sound ICT competency
- Preparedness to work with small groups of children and willingness to work alongside teachers in the classroom
The Indigenous Education Worker will also act as a role model for students by encouraging them to take pride in all aspects of their schooling.
Your application should address the above criteria including the nomination of three (3) referees.
Applications must be received by 4:00pm Friday 6th August 2021
Diocese of Lismore Catholic Schools Limited is committed to creating Child Safe Schools.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An equal opportunity employer.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend